How MedWise Insurance Advocacy Works for You
Our firm is devoted to helping our clients—insured individuals and elder law and personal injury attorneys—navigate the complicated and costly world of medical insurance. Our medical bill advocates help ensure that all medical insurance claims are processed and paid correctly. MedWise Insurance Advocacy delivers these financial solutions by providing patients and their families as well as attorneys with an experienced insurance liaison to sort through and resolve their mounds of medical bills, medical lien claims, insurance pre-authorizations, denied medical claims, medical letters of appeal, understanding explanation of benefits and advocate for patients or legal clients regarding any medical insurance issues that arise or require expert attention.
MedWise Works with Elder Law and Personal Injury Lawyers
Our medical insurance advocacy services support elder law and personal injury attorneys and patients who are trying to recover medical reimbursements. We are medical bill advocate experts at assisting personal injury attorneys with auditing and analyzing liens on personal injury medical bills.
We also assist attorneys and their clients who need assistance with tracking and monitoring:
- Complicated medical claims
- Medical statements and medical bills
- Insurance bills and medical claims in cases of personal injury
- Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance reimbursements.
MedWise Works with Insured IndividualsMedWise Insurance Advocacy works with individuals regarding their health insurance coverage, medical bills and claims, handling all communication and paperwork with the health insurance carriers. We are the bridge between patients and health insurance companies, acting on your behalf to get claims passed, ensure the highest coverage allowed, and enable patients and their families to rest easy knowing their health insurance matters are in expert hands.
Contact Adria Gross today for a free consultation on how MedWise Insurance Advocacy can help with your medical insurance claim or coverage issues: (845) 238-2532 or e-mail us today.
CEO Adria Gross: Wisdom, Experience, Insurance Advocacy
Adria Gross, CEO and founder of MedWise Insurance Advocacy and MedWise Billing, Inc., is a New York State-licensed insurance broker and consultant. She has over 25 years of experience in the insurance business, working extensively with the medical community and numerous insurance companies, handling credentialing and medical billing.
Ms. Gross began her career as a claims examiner for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, then went on to claims and underwriting for American International Group before starting MedWise Insurance Advocacy (a division of MedWise Billing, Inc.). She is certified in medical billing and medical claims consulting.
Ms. Gross is an active member of many professional organizations including the American Medical Billing Association, Alliance of Claims Assistance Professionals, and American Academy of Professional Coders. She also serves on the board of Insurance Professionals of Orange County (New York).
She holds degrees from Lasell College and Lesley University, and certifications for medical billing from Orange County Community College.
An active member of her community, Ms. Gross is also a graduate of Leadership Orange, a training program designed to help Orange County, New York residents become leaders and advocates for businesses and residents in their communities.
Adria Gross Has Won the Following Awards:
2008 – Insurance Professional of the Year Award (from the Insurance Professionals of Orange County, N.Y.)
2009 – Pinnacle Leadership Orange Award
2011 – Autism Move-a-thon of Orange County – Volunteer of the Year Award from Mental Health Association of Orange County
2013 – YMCA Special Award in Appreciation for Spirit, Drive and Dedication in Bringing a Y Presence to Southern Orange County, New York.
2013 – “Women of Achievement” by New York’s WCBS Newsradio 880
2014 – Associate Honoree – WomenInBusiness.org – Award for Sweet Success, beyond the attainment of wealth, power and fame
2016 – Good Housekeeping – “The Advocate”
- The Huffington Post – 21 Hacks to Reduce Your Health Care Costs This Year
- Bloomberg Business – New Year's Resolutions for Your Health and Your Wallet
- Fox News – How to Negotiate Your Hospital Bills
- Boston Globe – Out-of-pocket Costs Put Health Care Out of Reach
- US News & World Report – 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill
- Bottom Line Publications – Learn How to Get Your Medical Insurance Claim Paid
- CBS News – What happens a lot of times is that the insurance company tries to find a way to hold the money and deny the claims…
- USA Today – Find mistakes or overcharges in 80% of the medical bills…
- Newsday – Medwise Insurance Advocacy Wins Cases Previously Denied Multiple Times, Recoups Half a Million Dollars in Unwarranted Medical Expenses
- Journal News - Medical bills: Baffled consumers seek help as rising costs vary widely among hospitals
- Hudson Valley Business Journal – Adria Gross: Shining a light on epilepsy
- Times Herald Record – Adria Goldman Gross, FIPC, received the 2008 Insurance Professional of the Year Award from The Federation of New York Insurance Professionals of Orange County
- WJTV News CBS – Reimbursed her client $43,000, his original $35,000 out-of-pocket costs plus interest..