Billing Battles Begone! Solved! Curing Your Medical Insurance Problems
Billing Battles Begone! Acclaimed Medical Insurance Advocate Adria Goldman Gross Writes New Book: “Solved …
Should you find yourself doing battle with a health insurance company or hospital, I have three words of advice: get this book!
(PRWEB) March 08, 2016
Acclaimed medical insurance advocate Adria Goldman Gross, FIPC, has written a new book entitled Solved! Curing Your Medical Insurance Problems (Outskirts Press), which provides clear, step-by-step guidance through what Ms. Gross calls “our modern medical money maelstrom.” The book is available on Amazon.com, and since being released, it has consistently ranked among the top 100 bestsellers in both the health and health law categories, respectively.
Solved! Curing Your Medical Insurance Problems was co-written by former Harvard professor Douglas Winslow Cooper PhD, and praised by consumer protection advocate Ralph Nader who noted: “Who hasn’t been bewildered and outraged by lengthy, inscrutable medical bills and the tricky ways of the health insurers? Learn what to watch out for in this volume by authors who know the inside ways of sellers who try to take you to the cleaners.”
Written for laypersons in a clear and engaging style by Ms. Gross, who is the CEO and founder of MedWise Insurance Advocacy and MedWise Billing, Inc., the book covers a broad range issues that are directly relevant to anyone who has ever received a medical bill that they either don’t understand or don’t agree with, or who has inexplicably or unfairly had their insurance claim partly or wholly denied. Key topics include:
- The essential importance of being “fee-wise” about medical bills and insurance coverage
- How to diagnose and reduce medical bills
- Questions to ask after a suspected hospital over-charge
- How to successfully challenge an incorrect or inflated medical bill
- Medicare considerations and appeals information
- Affordable Care Act (ACA, OBAMACARE) appeals
- Out-of-Network protection legislation
- Medicare Supplement (Medigap) and Medicare Advantage plans
- Catastrophic coverage plans
In addition, readers will find many patient information resources, and Ms. Gross shares moving insights about her major health challenges, including beating epilepsy.
“The driving forces behind my work are gratitude for being healthy and concern for those who are struggling,” commented Ms. Gross, who dedicates much of her time to speaking at health-focused nonprofit organizations. “I have decades of professional experience helping individuals and families fight erroneous billing and mistaken denial of medical insurance coverage claims, and it’s my personal calling to protect people from being abused and bilked, when what they deserve from their insurer is to be supported and strengthened.”
“Should you find yourself doing battle with a health insurance company or hospital, I have three words of advice: get this book!” noted Bill Hogan, co-author of Are Your Prescriptions Killing You?
“Much of what Ms. Gross does for her clients, patients can do for themselves with the help of this book,” recommended Andrew Fitch, Product Manager at Nerd Wallet. “This is a must-read for anyone who’s felt lost, angry, or confused after receiving a medical bill.”
As noted, Ms. Gross’s timely and topical new book Solved! Curing Your Medical Insurance Problems is available now from Amazon.com, and BN.com and retails for $13.95 (paperback) and $6.99 (Kindle). Volume discounts for organizations and associations are available.
About Adria Goldman Gross
Adria Goldman Gross, FIPC, is the CEO and founder of MedWise Insurance Advocacy, as well as a New York State-licensed insurance broker and consultant who uncovers discrepancies in diagnostic or procedure coding, exposes dubious loopholes through which insurance companies attempt to deny claims, and helps attorneys, individuals and families resolve medical claim matters. She is also a bestselling co-author of books that are both endorsed by consumer protection advocate Ralph Nader: the recently-published Solved! Curing Your Medical Insurance Problems, and Multi-Payer Medicine Nightmare Made in the USA. Both books are available from Amazon.com and BN.com.
- The Huffington Post – 21 Hacks to Reduce Your Health Care Costs This Year
- Bloomberg Business – New Year's Resolutions for Your Health and Your Wallet
- Fox News – How to Negotiate Your Hospital Bills
- Boston Globe – Out-of-pocket Costs Put Health Care Out of Reach
- US News & World Report – 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill
- Bottom Line Publications – Learn How to Get Your Medical Insurance Claim Paid
- CBS News – What happens a lot of times is that the insurance company tries to find a way to hold the money and deny the claims…
- USA Today – Find mistakes or overcharges in 80% of the medical bills…
- Newsday – Medwise Insurance Advocacy Wins Cases Previously Denied Multiple Times, Recoups Half a Million Dollars in Unwarranted Medical Expenses
- Journal News - Medical bills: Baffled consumers seek help as rising costs vary widely among hospitals
- Hudson Valley Business Journal – Adria Gross: Shining a light on epilepsy
- Times Herald Record – Adria Goldman Gross, FIPC, received the 2008 Insurance Professional of the Year Award from The Federation of New York Insurance Professionals of Orange County
- WJTV News CBS – Reimbursed her client $43,000, his original $35,000 out-of-pocket costs plus interest..