Holding Insurance Companies Accountable | Medical Bill Advocate
Holding Insurance Companies Accountable
Under the law, patients have more rights and protections – and more security that their coverage will be there for them when they need it. For example:
- No more pre-existing condition denials for children: The parents of over 17.6 million children with pre-existing conditions no longer have to worry that their children will be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
- No more lifetime dollar limits on coverage: 105 million Americans no longer have a lifetime dollar limit on essential health benefits. Annual dollar limits are set at increasingly higher amounts until January 1, 2014 when most plans issued or renewed are banned from having an annual dollar limit on coverage.
- Insurance companies can’t drop your coverage when you get sick: You no longer need to fear that your insurance company can rescind or take away coverage when they get sick because of an unintentional mistake on an application.
- No more coverage denials without appeal: Many Americans with private coverage now have the right to appeal an insurance company’s coverage decision and the Affordable Care Act provides you with information and assistance to give you more control over your health care decisions.
- Helping consumers understand their coverage: The Health Insurance Finder on HealthCare.gov gives you information about the health plan choices in your community. Starting in September 2012, health plans must provide you with clear, consistent and comparable information about their health plan benefits and coverage. The Summary of Benefits and Coverage forms will enable you to easily understand your health coverage and determine the best health insurance options for your family.
Medical Bill Advvocate
Listen! MedWise Interview On StressFreeNow.info
Listen! MedWise Interview On American Dream Show
NEW! Listen to MedWise Interview on Generation Bold Radio
- The Huffington Post – 21 Hacks to Reduce Your Health Care Costs This Year
- Bloomberg Business – New Year's Resolutions for Your Health and Your Wallet
- Fox News – How to Negotiate Your Hospital Bills
- Boston Globe – Out-of-pocket Costs Put Health Care Out of Reach
- US News & World Report – 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill
- Bottom Line Publications – Learn How to Get Your Medical Insurance Claim Paid
- CBS News – What happens a lot of times is that the insurance company tries to find a way to hold the money and deny the claims…
- USA Today – Find mistakes or overcharges in 80% of the medical bills…
- Newsday – Medwise Insurance Advocacy Wins Cases Previously Denied Multiple Times, Recoups Half a Million Dollars in Unwarranted Medical Expenses
- Journal News - Medical bills: Baffled consumers seek help as rising costs vary widely among hospitals
- Hudson Valley Business Journal – Adria Gross: Shining a light on epilepsy
- Times Herald Record – Adria Goldman Gross, FIPC, received the 2008 Insurance Professional of the Year Award from The Federation of New York Insurance Professionals of Orange County
- WJTV News CBS – Reimbursed her client $43,000, his original $35,000 out-of-pocket costs plus interest..