Learn Seven Ways to Cut Medical Costs from Medical Bill Advocate
Public is Invited to Learn Seven Ways to Cut Medical Costs from Medical Insurance Advocate at 92nd Street Y on March 25
Adria Gross of MedWise Insurance Advocacy Will Share Helpful Tips for Consumers on How to Decipher Medical Bills and Charges, Who to Contact to Dispute a Charge, and How to Reduce Medical Expenses
MONROE, N.Y., February 26, 2014 – Consumers who are concerned about the rising cost of health care need to be armed with valuable information that will empower and educate them. To that end, Adria Gross, founder and president of MedWise Insurance Advocacy, will present “Diagnosing and Decoding Your Medical Bills: A Healthy Way to Cut Costs” on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at the 92nd Street Y in New York City. The program will be held in the Warburg Lounge at 7:00 p.m.
Gross has nearly 25 years of experience in the insurance field and has helped clients recoup hundreds of thousands of dollars in unreimbursed medical expenses or reduced clients’ medical bills since starting her company in 2011. In her presentation she will share insights for consumers on how to read their medical bills and understand how to lower their health care costs. Gross will cover various ways to empower patients to save money on medical care such as:
- The importance of knowing patient rights
- Understanding your health insurance policy, what is covered and what is excluded.
- How to compare prices for tests and procedures among various facilities and providers.
- Ascertaining if certain tests are required or really necessary.
- Options for uninsured or underinsured patients
- Deciphering a medical bill’s procedure codes to determine if it is correct
- Ways to save on prescription medications
In addition to her professional experience, Gross had decades of personal experience dealing with complicated explanations of benefits, medical codes, and mounting medical bills as a sufferer of epilepsy. A major surgical procedure put an end to the condition but the experience propelled her to share her expertise in health insurance issues with consumers. In 2011 she founded MedWise Insurance Advocacy, and advocates for clients throughout the New York tri-state area to evaluate their medical bills to ascertain they are correct, makes sure they are properly reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses according to their health insurance policies, and fights denied health insurance claims. She also works with elder care and personal injury attorneys.
To purchase tickets for “Diagnosing and Decoding Your Medical Bills,” go to http://www.92y.org/tickets/production.aspx?pid=96429 or via mobile devices to http://m.92y.org/Event/96429. This event is part of 92Y May Center’s “To Your Health” series. For more information about the series, visit http://www.92y.org/Uptown/Lecture/All-To-Your-Health.
As a nationwide medical insurance advocate, MedWise Insurance Advocacy in Monroe, New York supports individuals and their families, and elder law and personal injury attorneys on medical claim matters, from resolving medical bills and denied health insurance claims to handling medical lien claims and medical letters of appeal.
Founded by Adria Gross, a New York State-licensed insurance broker and consultant , and certified medical billing, coding and claims consultant, MedWise Insurance Advocacy is a division of MedWise Billing, Inc., a medical billing and credentialing practice. Gross uses her expertise in medical billing and coding, her knowledge of the prevailing rate structures of health care, and her expertise in Medicare and other health plans, to uncover discrepancies in diagnostic or procedure coding, or discover the loopholes through which insurance companies are attempting to deny a claim.
Gross’ clients are primarily in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania, but she can take cases anywhere in the United States.
- The Huffington Post – 21 Hacks to Reduce Your Health Care Costs This Year
- Bloomberg Business – New Year's Resolutions for Your Health and Your Wallet
- Fox News – How to Negotiate Your Hospital Bills
- Boston Globe – Out-of-pocket Costs Put Health Care Out of Reach
- US News & World Report – 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill
- Bottom Line Publications – Learn How to Get Your Medical Insurance Claim Paid
- CBS News – What happens a lot of times is that the insurance company tries to find a way to hold the money and deny the claims…
- USA Today – Find mistakes or overcharges in 80% of the medical bills…
- Newsday – Medwise Insurance Advocacy Wins Cases Previously Denied Multiple Times, Recoups Half a Million Dollars in Unwarranted Medical Expenses
- Journal News - Medical bills: Baffled consumers seek help as rising costs vary widely among hospitals
- Hudson Valley Business Journal – Adria Gross: Shining a light on epilepsy
- Times Herald Record – Adria Goldman Gross, FIPC, received the 2008 Insurance Professional of the Year Award from The Federation of New York Insurance Professionals of Orange County
- WJTV News CBS – Reimbursed her client $43,000, his original $35,000 out-of-pocket costs plus interest..