MEDWISE INSURANCE ADVOCACY FOUNDER ADRIA GROSS: FEATURED SPEAKER AT 92ND ST Y IN NEW YORK CITY
MEDWISE INSURANCE ADVOCACY FOUNDER ADRIA GROSS: FEATURED SPEAKER AT 92ND ST Y IN NEW YORK CITY IN MARCH
Among Adria Gross’ many speaking engagements to better inform the public about the confusing subject of medical billing, she was distinguished as the featured speaker on the March 25 “To Your Health” series of the 92nd St. Y. presenting “Seven Ways to Cut Your Medical Bills”.
The audience response was overwhelmingly appreciative of the very important information presented, and left feeling empowered and educated on how to navigate the health care system and advocate for themselves and others.
Typical of attendee accolades, C. McCarthy of Jackson Heights, NY commented “Adria shared some important tips about demystifying medical billing—and what we can do to “break the codes” and save money! Her knowledge, skills, personal energy, passion and humor “won” our hearts and increased our ability to be our own advocate’.
Gross has nearly 25 years of experience in the insurance field and has helped clients recoups over one million dollars in medical bills and expenses since starting her company in 2012.
The presentation, “Diagnosing and Decoding Your Medical Bills” covered topics such as :
The Importance of knowing patient rights
Understanding your health insurance policy
Comparing prices and procedures
Ascertaining whether procedures are necessary
Options for uninsured and underinsured patients
Deciphering procedure codes
Ways to save on medications
Adria was motivated to develop her company recognizing the need to help individuals through action and education as they conquer the world of health care.
In addition, Gross has decades of personal experience dealing with explanation of benefits, diagnosis and procedure codes, and mounting medical bills as a sufferer of epilepsy.
“While I am grateful that a major surgical procedure put an end to my condition, deciphering and determining the accuracy of the bills was a nightmare.
My professional experience, and the spiraling costs and confusions in health care, induced me to offer my services,” Adria Gross commented.
For more information about how a medical insurance advocate can help individuals work through their insurance bills and recoup the correct reimbursement amounts, and upcoming sessions, contact Adria Gross at email@example.com or (845)238-2532 or visit www.medicalinsuranceadvocacy.com. Adria is always available for a free consultation.
Adria Gross, founder and CEO of MedWise Insurance Advocacy and MedWise Billing, Inc. is a New York State-licensed insurance broker and consultant, certified in medical credentialing and medical billing. As a medical insurance advocate, she is the expert liaison between patients, providers, and insurance carriers to resolve billing issues, lien claims, insurance pre-authorizations, denials, and medical letters of appeal. She is an active member of the American Medical Billing Association, Alliance of Claims Assistance Professionals, and American Academy of Professional Coders, and serves on the board of Insurance Professionals of Orange County (New York).
- The Huffington Post – 21 Hacks to Reduce Your Health Care Costs This Year
- Bloomberg Business – New Year's Resolutions for Your Health and Your Wallet
- Fox News – How to Negotiate Your Hospital Bills
- Boston Globe – Out-of-pocket Costs Put Health Care Out of Reach
- US News & World Report – 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill
- Bottom Line Publications – Learn How to Get Your Medical Insurance Claim Paid
- CBS News – What happens a lot of times is that the insurance company tries to find a way to hold the money and deny the claims…
- USA Today – Find mistakes or overcharges in 80% of the medical bills…
- Newsday – Medwise Insurance Advocacy Wins Cases Previously Denied Multiple Times, Recoups Half a Million Dollars in Unwarranted Medical Expenses
- Journal News - Medical bills: Baffled consumers seek help as rising costs vary widely among hospitals
- Hudson Valley Business Journal – Adria Gross: Shining a light on epilepsy
- Times Herald Record – Adria Goldman Gross, FIPC, received the 2008 Insurance Professional of the Year Award from The Federation of New York Insurance Professionals of Orange County
- WJTV News CBS – Reimbursed her client $43,000, his original $35,000 out-of-pocket costs plus interest..